Sunday, March 1, 2020

A MOMENT OF GRACE


I have previously written about my beloved, dearly departed pooch, but feel inclined to write about her again; not just because today is the 14th anniversary of her passing, but because some mighty peculiar things have been happening the past few days.

It all began eight or ten days ago. (Well, to be sure it all began shortly after Buddy’s homegoing, but I won’t “cover that ground” again here).

Nearly a decade and a half after my Buddy’s ethereal trip across the Rainbow Bridge, she (or perhaps God, Himself) made the decision to expend a bit more grace upon me.

I was lying in my easy chair in the wee hours of the morning, and sleeping well when…

I heard something in our back room.

Like a dog shaking water off her back after a summer swim.

And I knew. I just knew.

My dear little Buddy had returned; if only for a moment. And yet, for the brevity of her appearance, I was both excited and encouraged by her unexpected visit. And it was then that I glanced at the time on my TV box, and noticed it indicated 3:16am. And for anyone who is versed in scripture, those numbers are especially meaningful.

And I thought, Grace. And indeed, I could not help but think of this “strange and wonderful” occurrence as anything but Grace.

The same thing happened again a few days later. And I thought,

“If any creature God ever made deserved an opportunity to make herself known, after he or she had left this earthly sphere, it was my little Buddy.”

But to return to my account.

A couple of days ago I was seated at a table, the location is unimportant, when suddenly something touched my right leg, as if an unseen creature had thrown its front paws against me. And I knew. I just knew.

Buddy was at it again.

14 years since the lovely little creature crossed the Rainbow Bridge. 14. 7x2. Seven being the perfect number. 7x2 = 14.

Without question, or contradiction, Buddy was doubly perfect.

by William McDonald, PhD. Copyright pending

No comments:

Post a Comment