Friday, July 22, 2022

MORE SMARTS THAN ME

3934

Today I opened the screen door to let our little Toby go out in the back yard. On my way to the screen door, I had to open the sliding glass door. Toby proceeded to walk out into the furthest one third of the yard, and laid down.

 

I hesitated to close the glass door behind him, but it was hot outside. And with this, I told my wife,

"I think I better leave the glass door open" (and) "Toby might come rushing in and hit the door" (and) "When I was a teenager, I ran right through our glass door."

 

Jean answered me. "He won't run into the door" (and) "He has gone out before, and I closed it" (and) "He knows it's there."

Sure enough, when Toby ran into the back porch, he came to a screeching stop at the glass door, and barked to be let in.

 

With that I said, "Well, you were right. He stopped at the glass door." To which my wife smiled and mused, "Well, apparently Toby has more sense than you do!"

by William McDonald, PhD

No comments:

Post a Comment