4564
He probably wouldn’t mention your job, your achievements, or how successful you became.
He would tell a very different story.
CHAPTER ONE: THE PERSON WHO ALWAYS CAME BACK.
You left the house countless times.
I never really understood where you went.
But I learned something about you very quickly:
No matter where life took you…
you always came back to me.
And that was enough for me to trust you with my whole heart.
CHAPTER TWO: THE PERSON WHO THOUGHT I DIDN’T NOTICE.
I noticed when your voice sounded different.
I noticed when your smile wasn’t quite real.
I noticed the nights you were quieter than usual.
You never had to explain anything to me.
I just stayed a little closer.
That was my way of saying,
“I’m here.”
CHAPTER THREE: THE PERSON WHO MADE ORDINARY DAYS FEEL IMPORTANT.
You probably don’t remember every walk we took.
Every morning we spent together.
Every time you scratched behind my ears without even thinking about it.
But I do.
Because my favorite memories were never the extraordinary ones.
They were the ones where nothing happened…
except that I was with you.
CHAPTER FOUR: THE PERSON EVERYONE ELSE SAW DIFFERENTLY.
The world knew your name.
Your responsibilities.
Your mistakes.
Your strengths.
I knew none of those things.
To me, you were simply the person whose footsteps I could recognize anywhere.
The person I would choose in a room full of people.
Every single time.
CHAPTER FIVE: THE PERSON WHO GAVE ME A PLACE IN THIS WORLD.
You might say you gave me a home.
But I would write it differently.
A home is just walls and a roof.
You gave me somewhere I belonged.
Somewhere my bowl had a place.
My paws had a path.
And I never had to wonder where I was meant to be.
CHAPTER SIX: THE PERSON WHO NEVER REALIZED HOW MUCH THEY MEANT TO ME.
You probably thought you were simply taking care of a dog.
Feeding me. Walking me. Keeping me safe.
But from where I stood…
you were the center of everything.
My mornings started with you.
My best moments included you.
And wherever you were…
that was where I wanted life to happen.
FINAL CHAPTER
And if I had to write the final line of your biography…
I wouldn’t write about what you owned.
Or what you accomplished.
Or whether the world remembered your name.
I would simply write:
“I got to spend my life loving this person.
And I would choose them all over again.”
(from a social media post)
No comments:
Post a Comment