4569
(A Song Created by Chat GPT Using Only the Title of the Song)
Verse 1
He was standin’ by the interstate,
With a cardboard sign held high,
A faded pair of workin’ boots,
And kindness in his eyes.
I almost kept on drivin’,
Like a hundred times before,
Then something in my heart said,
“Son, what are you hurryin’ for?”
Chorus
It might be Jesus in a baseball cap,
Ridin’ in the seat beside you,
A little down on his luck,
Just seein’ what your love might do.
He may not look like the pictures,
With a halo ’round his head—
He might be hungry at the corner,
Hoping you’ll share your bread.
You never know who Heaven sends,
Or how an angel might be dressed—
It might be Jesus in a baseball cap,
Putting your faith to the test.
Verse 2
He said he had a family
About twenty miles away,
His old truck quit that morning,
And he’d been walkin’ half the day.
We talked about our children,
About forgiveness, fear, and grace,
And every time he smiled at me,
I swear I knew that face.
Chorus
It might be Jesus in a baseball cap,
Ridin’ in the seat beside you,
A little down on his luck,
Just seein’ what your love might do.
He may not look like the pictures,
With a halo ’round his head—
He might be hungry at the corner,
Hoping you’ll share your bread.
You never know who Heaven sends,
Or how an angel might be dressed—
It might be Jesus in a baseball cap,
Putting your faith to the test.
Verse 3
I pulled into the station,
Bought some supper and some gas,
He thanked me like I’d saved his life—
I said, “Brother, don’t mention that.”
But when I turned to leave him,
There was no one standing there,
Just an old cap on the front seat
And a feeling God was near.
Bridge
“Whatever you do for the least of
these,”
The preacher used to say—
Maybe miracles still happen,
They just don’t look that way.
Final Chorus
It might be Jesus in a baseball cap,
Sittin’ in the pew behind you,
The neighbor that you never greet,
Or the stranger passing by you.
He may not look like the pictures,
With a halo ’round his head—
He might be lonely at the table,
Waiting for a friend.
So keep your eyes and your heart open,
And give the world your best—
For Jesus in a baseball cap
May be putting love to the test.
Yeah, Jesus in a baseball cap—
Sometimes Heaven looks like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment