Friday, October 9, 2026

FULFILLING MY DESTINY

 4577

With the passage of time, I have realized how precious the moments we have been allotted are. I mean, I was just 20 yesterday; (or so it seems). Now, I am looking back at my immature adult self over a span of an additional 60 years; which have gone by the wayside.

Now, I find myself at a crossroads, as I just retired from a counseling practice of 35 years, and I, admittedly, feel a bit "betwixt and between." I think when one has been so integrally involved with people in a formal setting for multiplied hours per week, and then, well, then suddenly it's the lack thereof. Sometimes there's more of "the lack thereof" than is altogether comfortable; since I have been so transfixed on making a difference in lives.

However, not a day goes by that I don't pray,

"Lord, don't let me miss whatever still remains of my destiny."

It's a great prayer, if I do say so myself. 

And I am convinced, in spite of a few anxious moments, that God will answer that prayer, and that He will continue to place people in my pathway who I can bless, encourage, and help.

I love the words of that old song. "If I can help somebody as I travel along then my living shall not be in vain." 

A prayer and a song. 

Lord, don't let me miss whatever still remains of my destiny, and give me the ongoing wherewithal to help somebody as I travel along.

by Bill McDonald, PhD





No comments:

Post a Comment