Friday, October 9, 2026

ENCOURAGEMENT

 4578

There was a time when I was running the 2 mile segment of the Army PT test. I never was the lightest or the fastest soldier, and I hated that 2 mile run. I was struggling that day, perhaps 2/3 of a mile from the finish line. And, of course, it wasn't just about finishing. We were required to finish in a given time depending on our age.
Suddenly, a faster troop saw me struggling, and he actually slowed down, and jogged with me for 20 or 30 yards; all the time saying words like, "You can do it" and "You got this. Dig down deep!"
His momentary encouragement made all the difference. I came in with just seconds to spare.
"But day by day, and as long as today shall last continue to encourage one another." (Hebrews 3:13)

by Bill McDonald, PhD

No comments:

Post a Comment