Sunday, July 7, 2019

RUNNING THE RACE


“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith.” (Hebrews 12:1-2)



I was running the required Army two mile run once, and I was always a little heavy and a little slow. Of course, there was a certain time allowance. About half way through the run this leaner, meaner, faster guy came up behind me, and offered to pace me a bit. He ran with me maybe a few hundred yards potentially sacrificing his own time, as he was younger and would have had a lower time requirement. As a result of his sacrifice of himself I reached the goal line with just seconds to spare.

I think we are supposed to live our lives like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment